SCHUBERTH C3 – The most sportive flip-up helmet ever
The new spoiler which has been optimised in the wind tunnel turns the C3 into a real sport helmet which also demonstrates outstanding aerodynamic properties at high speeds in excess of 160 km/h.With its further enhanced aeroacoustics of 82 dB(A) at 100 km/h the C3 is one of the quietest helmets in the world. Naturally the new C3 also incorporates two integrated antennas for increased ranges and better FM radio reception – prepared for the fully integrated communication unit SRC-System™. The suspension, made of carefully selected materials such as COOLMAX®, Interpower® and Thermocool®, sets new benchmarks with respect to comfort.
The outer shell of the C3 is offered in two helmet shell sizes and combines an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection. It is manufactured using Schuberth's typical compression moulding process and thus permits great stability and a low weight.
- Shell material: S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre
- Helmet shell technology from SCHUBERTH permits low weight
- Glass fibre with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at high pressure to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally sturdy.
The helmet shell of special EPS foam is modular in design to ensure optimal shock absorption. This complex segmentation guarantees enhanced force absorption and distribution and maximum safety.
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
A special inner lining of the C3 which was developed according to the innovative Comfort Fit concept ensures that the helmet fits comfortably and securely in all situations.
The combination of carefully selected COOLMAX® and Thermocool® materials and the additional use of Interpower® coatings also make the inner lining a highly-effective moisture removal and cooling system.
- COOLMAX® pad system, completely removable and washable (hand wash, 30°C)
- Optimized fit
- Variable for effective ventilation
- Adjustable for summer/winter
- Removable comfort cheek pads and head band pads
- Precise setting of the chinstrap length through adjustment on both sides.
- Micro-lock ratchet lock
The silver-coloured appliqués of reflective material which are in included in the nape zone of every SCHUBERTH helmet ensure that the motorcyclist can be seen better, especially in twilight or at night.
- Improved visibility = Enhanced safety
- Enhancement of the passive safety
- Early recognition by other road users
Guaranteed condensation-free thanks to its double glazing technology
- "City position" for maximum ventilation while travelling slowly
- The EasyChange visor mechanism makes changing visors extremely quick and simple.
- Change of visor without tools
Integrated sun visor
The sun visor enables quick and individual adjustment according to light conditions. It is integrated into the helmet shell and can be swivelled.
The Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.) especially developed by SCHUBERTH is provided as a safety feature in every SCHUBERTH motorcycle helmet. It ensures that provided the chinstrap is closed and correctly adjusted:
- the helmet cannot pivot off the head from behind
- the risk of contact between the chin section of the helmet and the chin or throat of the rider is minimised due to the small angle of tilt and
- the consequences of the helmet coming into contact with the chest as the result of an accident are reduced.
The helmet also has Reflex areas which improve visibility in the dark and thus contribute to your safety.
The C3 has been specially designed for the riding posture on normal and sportive tours and also remains stable in the airflow at high speeds (> 160 km/h). The special shape of the helmet shell with an integrated spoiler plus an aerodynamically optimised straight end edge ensure appreciably enhanced downforce. Even at higher speeds the C3 develops practically no upward lift. The C3 also offers reduced wind resistance and optimised directionally stability. With closed machines, the buffeting is also significantly minimised.
- Perfected aerodynamics for higher speeds
- Upward lift = 0!
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- No buffeting
- Spoiler integrated into the helmet shell
Aeroacoustics of the C3
A quiet helmet means active safety for the motorcyclist: this permits the rider to concentrate on riding – particularly at higher speeds.
Many hours in the Schuberth acoustics wind tunnel have ensured that the C3 is quiet. The comprehensive acoustics package with optimised helmet shell, wind deflector and ergonomic shape of the neck padding make the C3 – at 82 dBA – one of the quietest helmets of all.
- Acoustics package makes helmet quiet
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further.
- Only 82dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with naked bikes)
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically. A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level. Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level. Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A). This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived.
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- the position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the driver's size and riding posture and the motorcycle's fairing
- Fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearer's head, neck and shoulder areas
- change the position of the windscreen
- close the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf